The Thuraya Marine star is an affordable and robust voice and low speed internet solution. The Marine star comes standard with an active antenna which allows for a 25 minute cable run, making the unit perfect for both marine and land (building installs) use.
The terminal has a dedicated handset, however can be connected to a cordless phone or PABX system to be used as a fail over solution.
Redport recommend with this product:
When using the Redport product, you can choose to have the unit block certain internet traffic, to try and make the internet faster. The Report unit will block all non-approved web traffic, which will assist with speeding up the support websites and apps. The Redport unit does have a monthly subscription, for more details please visit our Redport page - HERE
- Supports basic telephony functions, SMS and GmPRS* narrowband data (more information on data capabilities HERE).
- SOS button to send Emergency SMS to user-configured contacts
- Tracking -by area, distance, time and speed.
- Geofencing – restricted zone and radio silence.
- Phone book storage up to 255 contacts.
- Alert events
- Organiser such as alarm, calendar and calculator.
- Support GPS
Size: Base Terminal (L x W x H): 203 × 190 × 73mm; Active Antenna (D x H): 185 × 170mm
Weight: Base Terminal: 1.1kg; Active Antenna: 1.3kg
Power supply: 10.8 to 31.2V
Weight: IP terminal: 2.3kg Antenna: 3kg (excluding cable and power supply, AS03951)
Standby /Average Power Consumption: 10 W/ 16W
Circuit switched voice: voice call and calling line identification presentation (CLIP)
SMS: up to 160 characters
GmPRS data: up to 60kbps / 15kbps down/up. Note Voice and SMS functions are not available while using GmPRS data.
- One RJ232 serial port for GmPRS data connection and firmware upgrade. (Serial to USB cable is not included).
- One RJ11 port for external analogue phone connection
- One 3.5mm audio output port for external speaker connection
- One GPIO port with 2 input and 2 output ports
NMEA: provides GPS information in NMEA (GLL/RMC) format
IP ratings: Terminal: IP32, Antenna: IP66
Operating temperature: Terminal: -25°C to +55°C, Antenna: -15°C to +55°C